NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need translation confirmation for marriage record and birth record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need translation confirmation for marriage record and birth record
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2020-04-27, 15:12
Thank you very much, Ulf, for this interesting information! 

I want to know more than just names, dates and places.  So, this information is very helpful in understanding more about the life of the people at the time and which I always very much appreciate!
What you said about the position makes sense now.  It explains why, after leaving the parish where he was sexton, he is no longer listed as sexton (at his new parish).   

I'm still puzzled about his appending the name Sundberg to his patronymic name.  I only see it used once in the records.   Could it be a mistake?   Is Sundberg a place and not a name he used?   Is there somewhere else I could look to verify this name?  I still don't really understand why he would have done this.  If he was doing this just to differentiate himself from another person with the same name, I would have thought it would have continued throughout the records.   Or maybe, after he moved to another parish, he didn't find it necessary to use it?  What are your thoughts?

Any further information you can offer - or anyone else can offer - would be most welcome!

Thank again,

Vicki Cihla