NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-02-23

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-02-23
Skrivet av: Audrey Parks skrivet 2005-08-27, 11:13
Per my query above, I just received information from Canadian Immigration for Albin Julius Gottfrid Larsson Lind born 1875-07-03.  He stated in his Canadian citizenship papers that he left from Gothenburg, Sweden via Kew and Liverpool and arrived New York in May or June 1903, then travelled up to Canada via Montreal to Winnipeg, Manitoba where he applied for his papers in 1906, which was the normal 3-year residency period in Canada before he could do so.

Since he cannot be found in the records leaving from Gothenburg at this time, and since he had previously been a sailor, could he have possibly worked on the ship leaving Gothenburg and not be registered as leaving from there?  Did these men have to register to board the ship in Gothenburg?

The last parish record I had showed him moving from Kristdala to Stockholm in December 1901.  When he left the ship as a sailor in September 13, 1902 (above) he must have made his way back home to Kristdala.  Are there any other types of records that exist that would show him leaving from there again in 1903?  The other Albin Lind leaving from Gothenburg in June 1903 as an Americian citizen was born in 1876, and I have found is not the Albin Larsson Lind that I am searching for.  Any further help would be appreciated.