NULL Skriv ut sidan - Bankruptcy letter translation

Anbytarforum

Titel: Bankruptcy letter translation
Skrivet av: Lynette Case skrivet 2023-05-28, 00:19
I am having trouble translating this but am wondering if what I have figured out so far is somewhat correct. Any help in the translation would be most appreciated.
My great-great-great-great grandfather Per Ersson is begging the court not to declare him bankrupt.
I am also wondering if he was in prison because of his bankruptcy proceedings as it appears he wrote the letter while in the prison in Härnösand.
Sadly, five years later he froze to death after a mishap on a lake in November. I cried when I read that.

I can only translate bits and pieces as it is difficult to read but this is what I have so far - In the letter, Per Ersson asked for forgiveness for the lack of financial reliability in his home which was temporary. He admitted his situation was not good, but given more time, it would improve. He was very distressed and was working as hard as he could. He pleaded with the court to think about his wife and six small children who would be homeless and hungry if he was declared bankrupt.

Thanks for any help.
Lynette