NULL Skriv ut sidan - Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000

Anbytarforum

Titel: Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000
Skrivet av: Donna Corlett skrivet 2000-06-15, 05:45
Anna-Karin Mattsson: Hi!  I have found the emigration forms (FORM 30A) for both your father-in-laws uncles!
As I keep mentioning...they really are something to see! Each person travelling between 1919-1924 had to individually complete one of these forms...so they are a personal piece of history-and again-signed by the actual traveller/emigrant!
*Note: Most details were provided by the passenger to their booking agent -prior to the trip...and their signature was the only handwritten part of the form...but in the case of Per it is all handwritten and some parts are hard to make out (clearly).

With that said, here is details from their forms-
PER MATTSON:
PER MATTSON was 22 years of age when he sailed upon a third class ticket aboard the SS Megantic which sailed from Liverpool on May 4, 1923.
He was single and noted that he had been a farmer...and intended to do the same in Canada.
He had 72 dollars on his person.
He was destined to 264 Louden St., Winnipeg
(There is a few other words there-but illegible-sorry!)
His nearest relative in the country from whence he came: Mr. Mattson (father) in Sweden.
(Again there is another place name here but it is hard to make out-looks like Silijans..???)
He signed his form with his full name: Per August Mattson.

VIKTOR MATTSSON:*Note-Since Viktor's form was typed-it makes sense out of some unclear things from Per's form...you'll see below!
SARAS VIKTOR MATTSSON (what's the Saras?) was 26 years of age when he travelled upon a third class ticket aboard the SS Stockholm which sailed July 5, 1924.  He was married and he noted that he had been a farm labourer-and intended to do the same in Canada. He had 25 dollars in his possession.  He was destined to...his brother: Saras Per August Mattsson at 264 Laura Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The nearest relative in the country from whence he came- Saras Maria Mattsson (his wife)-and the address noted as Näsbybyn, Siljansnäs, Sweden.
He signed his form: Saras Viktor Mattsson.

One question for you Anna-Karin.  What are all those SARAS listed on Viktor's form?  I understand if it is part of his name-but why is it also noted with Per and Maria???  

Well these should certainly help with tracing them further here in Canada-now we know where they went anyway!!  
I will get back to researching it-and let you know what I can find for you-OK?!!
Hope you are as thrilled as I was finding them-and please let me know what you think ( and your father-in-law)!!!

Best regards,
Donna