NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 maj, 2012

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 maj, 2012
Skrivet av: Barry Hill skrivet 2012-05-15, 19:31
Carl,  Thanks for the info.  I will order the first one for certain before the day is over.  If you do not think Cradled in Sweden would be largely duplicate and it could help me with ArkiveDigital I will get it as well.

Information has come so fast here that it will take a while to pour through it.  I know I am brand new but I cannot imagine that this has not been a rare experience even for those who have been here for years.  I tell everyone I see.  Just imagine me before the internet trying to write letters to Sweden (which I did) and in the early years of Genlines trying to decipher records and guess what Lan much less what parish to look at.  It felt hopeless and went in a drawer.  A week ago I was going to slowly try to read some Swedish and learn how to s l o w l y trace Swedish ancestors then I stumbled on this site.  At first I thought, the usual, another thousand pages of Swedish that I can't understand and then I saw English  and fumbled my way through how and where to make my first post.  You know the rest of the story.  I could hardly leave the forum to eat.

I just got time to check out google translate. I understand its limitations but to me it is awesome.  I think two people that knew nothing about each others language could communicate with it.

I still have that burning question from above about everyone's English.

Barry