NULL Skriv ut sidan - Augusta Marie Anderson. Born: 21 Jun 1865 in """"Kopparberg"""" - to US 1883

Anbytarforum

Titel: Augusta Marie Anderson. Born: 21 Jun 1865 in """"Kopparberg"""" - to US 1883
Skrivet av: Lisa Robinson skrivet 2004-03-20, 23:35
I am looking for information about Augusta Marie Anderson. Born: 21 Jun 1865 in Kopparberg, Sweden. Died: 22 Jan 1935 in Yakima, Washington. She is the daughter of Andrew Anderson and Fredericke Messig.  
     Augusta emigrated from Sweden in 1883 to the United States, maybe through Philadelphia.  She came to the USA for an arranged marriage, but rejected that suitor.  I think she worked as a domestic servant.  Somehow she got to Duluth, Minnesota, by 1900, where she married Gustav C. Kohagen and they moved to Yakima by 1920 according to the censuses.  
     I've always admired her spunk and would love to find out about our family in Sweden.  Unfortunately I don't read Swedish (yet?) and I'm confused because it seems that Kopparberg could be the town, or also a county--and it may be part of Dalarna now.  Is this correct and can anyone give me some hints on how to find out if Kopparberg is or isn't her hometown?  Thank you!  Lisa Robinson, lahrdesign@aol.com