NULL Skriv ut sidan - Hallberg, Charles R

Anbytarforum

Titel: Hallberg, Charles R
Skrivet av: Joakim Jönsson skrivet 2008-02-24, 12:17
I think you have found the right family for Andrew, if you have the first two, Selma and Minnie, in mind (children) I think that must be the case. How Lyda is related to the family I do not know, maybe a sister of Andrew.
Now I know that Andrew came to US before 1887 (assuming Selma is Andrew's daugther), and that he died before 1900 (suprised me).

When you looked at the census for Charles and Emma, did you notice the year of immigration for Emma, was it the same as for Charles 1881.

I found an obit of Minni and that one states her as daugther of Andrew and Clara.
Ancestry forum:PJ: 1/24/1975: Minnie D. tTcknor, 83, of Heritage Village, Gerry, formerly of 85 Benedict Ave., Jamestown, died at 2:45 a.m. today (Jan. 24, 1975) in WCA Hospital.
She was the widow of Elmer Ticknor, who died Dec. 28, 1921. A Jamestown area resident all her life, Mrs. Ticknor was born in the town of Ellery, March 4, 1891, the daughter of Andrew A. and Clara Green Hallberg. She was employed at the former Empire Worsted Mills, retiring in 1954.
Mrs. Ticknor was a member of the First Lutheran Church and the Ladies Aid Society.
Surviving are two sons, J. Norman Ticknor of Jamestown and Leonard E. Ticknor of Naples, Fla.; a daughter, Mrs. Elton B. Johnson of Ashville; four grandchildren, Perry Ticknor of Naples, Fla., Craig Ticknor of Gainesville, Fla., Sally Ann Johnson of Ashville and Mrs. Shirley A. Dominick of Greenwood, S. C.; a brother Elliott A. Hallberg and a sister Mrs. Josephine E. Hirschberger, both of Jamestown.
Funeral services will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday in the Lind Funterl Home. The Rev. Dr. Paul A. Westerberg, pastor of First Lutheran Church, will officiate.
Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery, Ashville.
Ellery Scrapbook E, pg 138

Thank for all the information
Joakim Jönsson