NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 04 januari, 2014

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 04 januari, 2014
Skrivet av: Lexia Bain skrivet 2013-12-08, 02:36
Hi Stefan
Thank you very much for your post - I can see there is indeed a long history of this family in the parish. Could you tell me please what decided you that this was the right Pehr? There were several born that year, but none, I think, with a birth date matched to the record in Sundsvall. Also the HFL and death book for Sundsvall called him 'Pehr' not 'Pehr Olof'.
I have little experience of Swedish records, having only done a bit in Lövånger, where Pehr's wife's family lived for generations. Also what is 'Klockar': I have an on-line translation (and some of them are really comical!) of sexton or sacristan; on the other hand someone wrote that when a 'non-christian name' was written before a person's name, it referred to the name of a farm. (Perhaps this is is also comical.), but I also have men with Gumm(m) and Pell before for example.
Lastly some general advice - for someone who doesn't speak Swedish, is it better to buy this Elddahlen CD 1600-1900 or are the ancestry.com Swedish church records okay?
Thanks again/elbe