NULL Skriv ut sidan - Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000

Anbytarforum

Titel: Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000
Skrivet av: Donna Corlett skrivet 2000-06-15, 23:09
Hi Stefan!  Good to hear from you!!!
Well, maybe not most...but surely a large number did!  I can tell you this as the vast number of manifests that I have reviewed (there have been quite a few!)list both types of passengers (and separate classes of course).

That is to say that when a transatlantic steamer ship departed from England it would be carrying passengers bound for both Canada and the USA.  Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough.  I did not mean that all passengers landed in Canada...no...what I meant to convey was that they would land at a Canadian port (disembark the Candian bound passengers)...and then continue on to an American port...ok?!  
Still... they would be listed on the same manifest. Is this clearer?

Ship manifests also included many classes/designations...first, second... British, returning Canadians...and foreigners..and USA passengers.  (They are listed as such on the ship manifests!).

There also were/are border entry records for years (not sure exactly what years are covered as I have never had use of them)...which note people who crossed over from America into Canada through
designated border crossings...interesting, eh?!!

Well I hope to have some good news for you soon...I'll get back to you!  

Best regards,
Donna