NULL Skriv ut sidan - Dutch in Stockholm (18th century)

Anbytarforum

Titel: Dutch in Stockholm (18th century)
Skrivet av: Steve Palmquist skrivet 2010-01-30, 23:07
I hope Michel somebody in Vadstena town, will help you or someother person who can find this information on CD´s etc.  
As it was mentioned before on this site; dutch people in 17´s and 18´s centuary were one of the biggest immigrant groups in Sweden. I myself am a descendent of, for example, the families; Standaert, van der Noot, de Neef, van/de Struys among several other dutch families even the french origninated (Normandie) family; de Moucheron (later descendent relatives and dutch master painters in 17´s centuary Isack and Fredric de Moucheron!).  

This about silfactories is interesting because another guy at this forum search for german silkweawers that immigrated to Sweden and Stockholm in 18´s centuary. I´ll see if I can help you in some way or the other??? Still today there is one silmanufactory (one and the only) at Repslagargatan in Stockholm Almquists silkesväveri which aswell is a museum.  
I hope you will get more answers Michel and I will certainiy return to You here at anbytarforum if I find some more dacts according to this matter and your interests!

My Best Regards: Steve

P.S. The Standaert family (mentioned above) were well known wine merchants and started a tradition with more advanced restaurants in Stockholm from about 1630´s..