NULL Skriv ut sidan - Peterson, Seth (f. 1970)

Anbytarforum

Titel: Peterson, Seth (f. 1970)
Skrivet av: Lars Öhman skrivet 2000-12-16, 18:35
Följande är hämtat ur en artikel av Joanne Fowler och Pamela Wagick i "People" 25 sep. 2000.

Seth Peterson was born to George Kanouse, at the time a clerk at a Manhattan YMCA, and aspiring actress Cheryl Peterson, then separated from a man she declines to identify (they later divorced). Seth was 2 when his mother and Kanouse also split. "We just decided we'd had enough," says Kanouse, a former high school math teacher, now 50, remarried and living in Portland, Ore. Seth, who saw his father on holidays, moved with his mother to L.A., where she acted at and cofounded the repertory Colony Theatre, with Bibbi Hansen (coincidentally the same last name as Peterson's TV character), the mother of musician Beck. "We really lived hand-to-mouth," recalls Seth's mother, now 51 and a computer teacher at an L.A. law firm. "After shows Seth had the job of lifting all the seats. His reward was to keep any coins he found."

Cheryl got her son an agent when he was only 4. But he preferred palling around with Beck to acting. "We were blood brothers," recalls Peterson. "We'd dress up like James Bond and pretend to be secret agents." They still see each other occasionally. In 1983, when Peterson was 13, his mother married Mark Hansen--no relation to Bibbi—-a high school teacher and coach, who died two years ago (their daughter Lara, 18, is an aspiring actress). Five years later, as high school graduation neared, Peterson suddenly found acting more appealing. "I didn't like school," he says, "so I had to get a job." Over the next eight years he juggled acting classes with work as a bank clerk, landing small parts on such TV shows as Profiler and Beverly Hills, 90210 and in the movie Godzilla before Providence intervened.