NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation help

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation help
Skrivet av: Don Kaiser skrivet 2020-02-08, 21:56
Dear Anti Poika,

It's a wonder anyone can understand the wrods coming out of my moth considering that my ancestors came from Württemberg, Björkenäs, and Skellefteå.

Thank you for your explanation about the numbers. I guess this means that when I see "No. 40 Björkenäs" in two different household examination records, I should not assume that it is the same physical house?

For "No. 3 Binga" in Edestad, what does "Binga" mean? Is it a place like Björkenäs?

I suppose Sweden was like Württemberg and people needed to be ~25-years-old to get married or have adult status.

I think my grandfather's uncle Sven Jonasson was born on 25 Feb 1828 but I am having trouble finding his birth record. Can you determine which one it is on this page:

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0057403_00224#?c=&m=&s=&cv=223&xywh=-472%2C336%2C4605%2C2747

I see the names of his supposed parents Jonas Svensson and Elna Pehrsdotter on several records but I cannot find the name Sven or his supposed birthdate and baptism date.

I hope I'm not imposing on the kindness of this group by asking so many questions. You guys have really opened up a Pandora's box for me and I am very grateful.

Best wishes,

Don