NULL Skriv ut sidan - Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000

Anbytarforum

Titel: Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000
Skrivet av: Donna Corlett skrivet 2000-07-24, 06:35
Hi Stefan!  You are quite welcome and when I actually receive them I will let you know if they are indeed the correct people.  I believe they are...which means that although they may have been in Brownlee, Saskatchewan...at least Anna and her husband Carl ended up in Burnaby, British Columbia at some point.  That is where I found the death certificates (forgot to note that last time).

The latter family is listed as the surname Jonsson...but the Tomt. is there too.  The Tomt. is listed once-with Olof's given names, like this: Tomt. olof
The country of birth is listed as Norway...and race of people as Scan. (Scandanavian).  I would almost think that perhaps the person recording it took it as the same (region?!)in error-but further down the page there is a person noted as born in Sweden...so perhaps he simply misunderstood them when they were asked/replied?  I really can't answer that definitively...but it is them-and I certainly trust that it is you that is correct on their place of birth!!!  
You know, I usually scan manifests by the place of birth (which is usually in the foreigners section of the manifest)to try to save some time...and I could have missed it-but saw a SWEDEN on that page and stopped the viewer to read it.  It was then that I saw Anna listed at the top of the page..then Carl...and then the entire Jonsson family!  I love it when that happens!
I agree that they likely changed their surname, although I have seen some Jonsson's while searching for people..so some did not change or Canadianize their names-but most Jonsson's appear to have changed their surname to Johnson.

So Stefan, I will forward the death certificates and the copies of the manifest (I made two for you)to the address in Alberta that you provided-OK?  
By the way, I do NOT wish any sort of payment (no-no!)...I do this as I enjoy the search/history of it, I've had the kind help of people in Sweden with my family (and that search continues!)-and I have quite easy access to these libraries and the information they contain, which are not available to you.  It is my pleasure to help out...OK?!!!

Kind regards,
Donna