NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 18 augusti, 2012

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 18 augusti, 2012
Skrivet av: James Jellison skrivet 2010-04-24, 19:05
Hej Anders Brissman!
Thanks very much for your informative response.  Most interesting was learning that Karl John Blomkvist was only a soldier for a short time.  I had no hint of the existence of Soldiers records for him.  Family tradition is that he acquired the surname Blomkvist when he became a soldier. Do you know if the Soldiers records show what his surname (last name) was prior becoming a soldier?  According to family (i.e. not documented) history Karl Johan was the son of Karl Olson (English spelling) b. 1826 and Carolina Johansdotter b. 28 Jan 1833 in Lerum, Älvsborg.  However, I find Karl Johan born 7 Oct 1862 in Medelplana, Skaraborg of a mother whose surname appears to be Holmgren.  I am not able to read her first name or other information.  This Karl Johan appears to be born out of wedlock.  These records were found on genline: 100016.33.13500 Skaraborg _ scb Skaraborg: 91 Births 1862-1862 0/0.  Since I don't find another Karl Johan born in October of 1862 in Medelplana, I am most interested in learning what surname Karl Johan was given at birth.  Thanks again for your response.  Best regards, James